Sunday, November 2, 2014

Savory Sweet Salad

After three solid weeks of work travel, my weekend plans included sleep and catching up on my blog. To catch up on my blog I of course had to cook! Since my last three weeks involved an embarrassing number of meals comprised of nothing but cereal I wanted to cook fresh. The recipe below was inspired from the cover page of the fall 2014 magazine Fine Cooking. Salads that mix sweet and savory flavors are my favorite and this combination is not only appealing to the eye but one of the best salads I have ever made! I also love making my own dressings with my Oxo salad dressing shaker. I recently discovered an olive oil and vinegar company in Kansas City called Heavenly which has a great selection and also great recipe ideas on their website (http://www.heavenlyoliveoils.com/) I also recommend the pictured Penzey herb spice to add to any homemade creation!  


Ingredients:
Baby Arugula
Honey Crisp Apples
Goat Cheese
Beets
Yellow Heirloom Tomatoes
Red Onion
Bacon
Pepitas

Dressing:
Two parts olive oil, 1 part vinegar, and herbs









2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tina have you tried this yet? How is everything at OSF? Hope your keeping warm! I got another client and its in Wisconsin. When are they going to send me somewhere warm?

      Delete