Sunday, March 8, 2015

Cast Iron Pizza



Oh pizza, how I love thee.

Making your own pizza for date night in can be so much fun! Who needs greasy pepperoni pizza via delivery when you can go all out, with crazy good, fresh toppings that are packed full of flavor right at home?

In the picture below, I used local Italian sausage, cherry tomatoes, arugula, pine nuts, mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. The possibilities of toppings for homemade pizza are practically endless!

Last summer, I found a pizza crust that you cook on the grill. Stephen and I really enjoyed making our own creations and ending up with a crust that was a tiny bit charred. After browsing a few of my favorite food blogs who swear by cooking pizza in a cast iron pan, I decided to expand my pizza prep.

I think my next pizza will involve some sort of Thai peanut sauce topped with chicken, scallions, carrot, purple cabbage, roasted peanuts, and fresh cilantro. I’m pretty sure if you make your own in a cast iron with your own dough, you will not be ordering in again. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment