Thursday, February 12, 2015

Two of my recent favorite recipes...


So I have realized that I cook just about every night and rarely post what I make on my blog. Mostly because every day after work I have been working out and when I finally get home and get something made I am dying to dig in and forget to take a picture. Also, I will admit I can be a bit lazy at times. Having a blog can be hard work!  In attempt to make up for my laziness lately here are a couple recipes that I actually snapped a photo of before I took a bite.

Honey Soy Salmon


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons soy sauce

1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice

2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

1 tablespoon water

2 teaspoons vegetable oil

Two 6-ounce pieces of salmon fillet

 

Preparation:
In a small bowl whisk together honey, soy sauce, lime juice, mustard, and water. In a small non-stick skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook salmon 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer salmon to 2 plates. Add honey glaze to skillet and simmer, stirring, 1 minute. Pour glaze over salmon.

I have used this recipe two different times. Once, as a marinade and another as the glaze like the recipe above. Both ways were equally delicious!

 

Baked Parmesan Kale Spaghetti Squash
Ingredients:

1 yellow onion, diced

1 large spaghetti squash

2 cups kale, finely chopped

¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated

Olive oil

Salt

Pepper


Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail. Using a fork, scrape out the seeds and a small amount of the flesh from inside the squash. Coat squash in olive oil and dash with salt and pepper. Place squash face down and cook for 30 minutes. Adding water to the bottom of the pan will help make the squash more tender so add some if you wish.
Cook for 30 to 45 minutes. The squash is done when you can easily peel and separate the flesh into strands that look like spaghetti. When spaghetti squash is done cooking, scrape all of the squash out of the skin and set aside.
Next, sauté the onion and kale in olive oil until onions are translucent. Transfer cooked onions and kale to bowl with spaghetti squash and mix. Pour into a baking dish, top with parmesan cheese more salt and pepper and bake until cheese is bubbly.
Serve as a side or enjoy as a nice vegan meal. I promise this will be your new favorite dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment