Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Washington Berry Lingcod

So, I haven’t blogged in a while...

I am going to go ahead and blame the fact that I am constantly traveling for work and my social life is packed on weekends I am home. But just because I’m not home doesn’t mean I don’t eat well and don’t think about blogging.

This week I am back working in the beautiful Seattle area. Can I just say after being here at least twice a month since April that I don’t believe the rumor that it always rains? I have experienced nothing but beauty.

Okay, I guess beauty isn’t all I have experienced. I have also experienced some pretty incredible seafood. On Tuesday, I went to a restaurant right on the Puget Sound and ate local lingcod topped with fresh berries that are currently in season in Washington.

I have to admit, it was one of the first times I have ever saw fish topped with berries on a menu but it definitely intrigued me. I was glad I tried it because it was pretty scrumptious! I decided to add this post to my blog so I don’t forget to try it myself. I also have been wanting to share one of my favorite kitchen contraptions: The OXO 3 piece bowl and colander set and this seemed like the perfect fit.

This device is great for washing, serving, and storing fresh berries without the hassle of transferring and dirtying multiple bowls. You can find it at Bed Bath and beyond or at www.oxo.com. So go ahead, go splurge on this super handy kitchen item, try topping your next piece of fish with berries, and save the rest to top your yogurt for breakfast! I promise it will become your most used kitchen item this summer.

Happy shopping, July, and farmers market season!

No comments:

Post a Comment