Monday, December 8, 2014

Don't Cry Over Chopped Onions



Chopping is hands down my least favorite part of cooking. Onions are the worst! To give my eyes a break from the burning sensation onions emit, I usually have to stop midway though. A few weeks ago, my mom and I went to demo day at our favorite cooking store in Baraboo, WI called Bekah Kate’s and I found the ultimate solution for dicing onions tear free!

The VeggiChop by Chef’n is a hand-powered tool that quickly dices fruits, veggies, herbs and nuts without the use of a cutting board or knife. To operate, you simply hold the handle and pull similar to a manual start lawn mower. The more you pull the handle, the finer the texture becomes. This kitchen tool has become my new go-to for onion dicing and the perfect partner for homemade salsa or basil creations. Chopping has never been so fun or easy!


For recipes that call for a specific quantity of orange, lemon or lime zest, I love the Chef’n PalmZester. The device slides on your palm for easy movement and stores your zest in compartment which detaches after use. Finally, a mess free zest which can provide you precise measurement!


Tomatoes and strawberries are my two favorite red fruits and are usually bought every time I visit the grocery store. Not only are the Chef’n StemGem Strawberry Huller and Hullster Tomato Corer adorable but they are perfect for getting rid of unwanted stems while saving as much fruit as possible for consumption! And with the Christmas season around the counter they are the perfect stocking stuffer, too! 


Another Chef’n product I recently purchased is the PinPair silicone and French rolling pin. This tool is two rolling pins in one. It comes standard as a rolling pin with silicone skin and with a simple twist you can reveal a traditional wood rolling pin underneath. Versatile and perfect for Christmas cookie cutouts. Tis the season!


For demos of the VeggiChop, PalmZester, StemGem, Hullster Tomato Corer, PinPair and other Chef’n products click here:
Or for directions to Bekah Kate’s and information about the store and upcoming demo days click here:

No comments:

Post a Comment