Monday, August 24, 2015

Blue Apron Continued


As I mentioned in my last post, I picked a few upcoming Blue Apron meals I wanted to try (see below) and bought the ingredients at a typical grocery store so I could get an idea of the cost difference between buying the groceries myself verses paying $10 per meal per person to get the ingredients delivered to my doorstep.

After doing this with two meals, I am now convinced that Blue Apron provides their service at a fair price. When totaling my itemized receipts from these two meals, the total was about $24 for each meal. Of course some of the ingredients can be used in future recipes but I still think the convenience of Blue Apron is worth $10 per meal per person. Anyone out there convinced yet?

Regardless, I think the Tomato & Goat Cheese Pie and Southern-Style Shrimp and Grit recipes are worth a try and worth having access to by having a Blue Apron membership! Both meals I would definitely make again. The only alteration I would make is to add more cheese to the cheese pie. A Wisconsinite wanting to add more cheese to an already cheesy cheese pie. Imagine that!

The Tomato & Goat Cheese Pie would be the perfect addition to your next at home dine in brunch menu. I made it for dinner one night and also had a piece as leftovers and I honestly think it tasted better the second time around. I think it gave the crust some time to absorb the juice and spices found layered in the pie.

I believe my craving for this Southern-Style Shrimp and Grits dish was a bit influenced by my anxiousness for my trip to Nashville with my good friend at the end of next month. I have been blessed with being able to experience quite a bit of Southern cuisine and can’t wait to spoil my taste buds again in the county music heart of Tennessee! Singing and dancing the night away out in legendary honky-tonks won’t be a bad time either! If anyone has any restaurant or bar suggestions out there please comment below. Meanwhile, I will be shining up my cowboy boots. I hope Nashville is ready for us, Whit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment