Thursday, August 27, 2015

Creamy Parmesan and Sundried Tomato Chicken

Who doesn’t love a quick and easy chicken recipe? I made this creamy parmesan and sundried tomato chicken for dinner a few months back and I was recently browsing my Pinterest food board and remembered I forgot to post the recipe to my blog! It made me sad because this dish was so delicious and took less than 15 minutes to cook! When I made it I actually was looking for something to cook without going to the store and realized I had all the ingredients. I think I just paired it with some brown rice but you could definitely chop up the chicken and mix with penne or fettuccini pasta for a great pasta dish. If I recall correctly, there was a pretty good amount of extra sauce and trust me you will not want to waste it!



Ingredients:

1 tablespoon EVOO

4 (6 oz.) skinless and boneless chicken breasts

2 cloves garlic

¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes

¼ cup dry white wine

¾ cup chicken broth

½ cup heavy whipping cream

¼ cup oil packed sundried

¼ cup parmesan cheese

¼ cup fresh basil

Salt & pepper


Directions:

-Heat EVOO in a skillet over medium heat, pound and add chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside

-In the same skillet add the garlic, red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute

-Add wine first, then add broth, cream, sundried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese, bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes

-Mix the chicken back in, season with salt and pepper, remove from heat then mix in the basil


No comments:

Post a Comment